We are coming to the end of this series. I hope that it has brought some clarity to the ingredients in products and has opened your eyes to the fact that there are alternatives.
Today we are going to chat about, TRICLOSAN
Used in many formulations as an “antibacterial” agent to prevent or reduce bacterial contamination and is registered as a PESTICIDE by the EPA (again that is Environmental Protection Agency). Topical absorption of triclosan has shown disturbances to the endocrine system, and is believed to lead to birth defects and uncontrollable cell growth (google that.)
Found in: soaps, deodorants, cosmetics, shave gel, first aid spray, and ointments, kitchenware, children’s toys and “Microban (which is a Trademark)”…
This is another ingredient that has been in the news lately. Being that it has been taken out of all soaps and washes. Here is the “Final Rule” from the FDA::
They have yet to take it out of other products. But, to me if this is there findings for this ingredient for body washes and soap. I do not want to use it in any other areas.
Again, I am a realist, to live free of all of these types of ingredients in the world we are in, is close to impossible. So, I am determined to keep my home, the one place that I can fully control, free of them.
So, what are some products that Young Living offers that will allow you to “Ditch and Switch”.
- Temporarily relieves the pain and itching associated with minor burns, sunburn, minor cuts, scrapes, insect bites, and minor skin irritations
- Dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic
- Soothes and cools skin
- Provides immediate relief
- Moisturizes to help prevent peeling
- Promotes healthy-looking skin
- Made with plant-based and naturally derived ingredients
- Formulated without alcohol, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, animal-derived ingredients, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic colorants
Mirah™ Shave Oil is formulated with a rich blend of essential oils, emollients, and botanical ingredients for a luxuriously close shave. Exotic baobab, meadowfoam, and avocado oils work together with our exclusive Mirah essential oil blend to reduce razor drag, bumps, and nicks.
These are two products that you can get that will replace your first aid spray and your shave gel. You will not regret this lifestyle change.